Michael Jackson Death: Cardiac Arrest vs Heart Attack
Early reports suggest that singer, Michael Jackson died of a cardiac arrest, and as you would imagine there is much confusion as to what a cardiac arrest is, many of us think that it is the same as a heart attack, but About.com explains that these are two different things.
Most of us know that a heart attack is caused when one of the arteries that supply blood to the heart muscle becomes suddenly blocked. It is this blockage that stops a part of the heart from receiving vital blood, which then causes the muscle to die. In short, a heart attack is when a part of your heart muscle dies.
A cardiac arrest is caused by a sudden heart arrhythmia called ventricular fibrillation. This is when the electrical signals within the heart become completely chaotic; this then causes the heart to suddenly stop beating. This is cardiac arrest.
For a more detailed look in to both of these conditions, visit About.com
- PlayBox: PS4 and Xbox 720 as one console
- GTA 5 release date avoided by Killzone Mercenary
- iPhone 6 release date rumours, colours galore
- GTA 5 features for online mode incoming
- Forge of Empires, cheats gain advantage with money
- Fallout 4 news of Boston accepted by most
- Google’s Galaxy S4, play with a Nexus version at a price