Misunderstanding over Tomb Raider controversial scene
A few days ago it came to our attention that there was a rape scene in the upcoming Tomb Raider game, which as you would imagine gathered a great deal of attention for many different reasons. Some people were saying that there is no need for such a scene, while certain gamers said this could never happen to such a strong character like Lara Croft even is she were younger.
It has now come to our attention that Square Enix said that this is a misunderstanding and the controversial scene will not appear in the game. They said that it was all down to a miscommunication and said that no such scene will be in the game and was due to the games producers had misspoken during an interview.
The scene in question is considered to be a significant moment for Lara Croft, we can see why some people would assume that it could have been a rape scene, but it’s just a moment where Lara is being threatened and it never goes any further than that scene. It seems as though pictures can often speak more than words, which is why so many people jumped to conclusions – although that original transcript seen here was also a catalyst for the controversy.
There are two ways that we can look at this, either the producer was misquoted or because of the uproar the scene has since been removed, but which of the two would you believe?
- Napoli vs. Arsenal live Group F clash could see both teams through
- Juventus vs. Galatasaray: Live resheduled match: Update
- X-Men: Apocalypse set to follow in 2016
- PlayStation 4 also supports multi-controller options
- Bayern Munich host Manchester City in tonight’s big live game
- Manchester Utd vs Shakhtar Donetsk on ITV tonight
- GTA V Heists release date update a smack in the face