Microsoft Surface tablet no iPad gaming competitor
Microsoft held a press conference yesterday to announce their new Microsoft Surface tablet and it’s easy to see that while it looks like a great device – it’s no iPad gaming competitor. There are to be two different versions, the Windows RT for consumers and Windows 8 Pro for business users.
Looking at the video below it’s clear to see that Microsoft are going down a very different route from other tablet makers, but it will be nice to finally have a true Windows tablet made by Microsoft themselves. This will be a true test and while we can see that there are many design advantages, such as the cover that doubles as a keyboard, how will it compare to the market leader?
Not much is known about the hardware, but we do know that it will come with a 10.6-inch display and different storage variations. Nothing has been discussed in regards to the CPU, GPU or RAM but it’s obvious that it will not be a huge gaming device like the iPad because of the lack of gaming apps available to them. However, if Microsoft gets this right then this could be a turning point for them and could persuade devs to start developing more apps than they currently do for Windows Phone.
However, Microsoft knows that they have a long road ahead of them but where they could excel is in the business sector with the Windows 8 Pro manly because of the software that should be available to them. Then again the big money will be if these new tablets can appeal to the consumer, only time will tell.
- GTA 5 in-game text update demanded as regarded too small to read
- World Cup 2014 draw tomorrow afternoon envisages group of death
- Backwards compatibility for PS4 expected in 2014
- Adrien Broner is an exciting prospect becoming 3 weight World Champion at just 23
- Swansea vs. Newcastle live midweek Premiership game covered by BT Sports
- Questioning Fallout 4 viral authenticity
- WoW: Warlords of Draenor and Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls release expectations