Focus of Android Jelly Bean 4.1 not gaming
Google has made a number of key updates for the next version of their mobile OS, Android Jelly bean 4.1, and upon early inspection there are not many advancements to help improve your gaming experience, which is the complete opposite to iOS 6. However, it’s not all bad because once this latest version of Android is made available to the Galaxy S3 then we should see minor improvements for the gamer.
Like iOS there are many updates that are not of importance to you or I, but there are a handful that will help to make a significant amount of improvements. The first that stands out to us is Project Butter, as this feature allows native apps to run much smoother and faster. This uses a triple buffering effect to help make the CPU and the GPU work much better as a team, which in turns helps to make the UI run that much smoother.
One small but important new feature is to the Play Store, as there will now be improved app updates, which will be of a benefit to the gamer as well. What will happen with apps running on JB is that if they need an update then only the parts needing the update will be downloaded.
The biggest change is to the UI, as there will be customizable widgets making it much easier for them to fit on your homescreen. The keyboard has also seen an update; so now Jelly Bean will try to predict your next word before you have started typing the next letter.
There’s no denying that Jelly bean 4.1 is the best Android mobile OS yet, and it’s clear to see that it’s a vast improvement over Ice Cream Sandwich in terms of performance.
How could Google help to improve your gaming experience?
- GTA 5 in-game text update demanded as regarded too small to read
- World Cup 2014 draw tomorrow afternoon envisages group of death
- Backwards compatibility for PS4 expected in 2014
- Adrien Broner is an exciting prospect becoming 3 weight World Champion at just 23
- Swansea vs. Newcastle live midweek Premiership game covered by BT Sports
- Questioning Fallout 4 viral authenticity
- WoW: Warlords of Draenor and Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls release expectations