One of Britain’s most infamous mysteries, the confession of one man could have helped solve a crime that occurred 51 years ago. 

Muriel McKay, a 25-year old woman mistakenly identified as Anna Murdoch (25-year-old) was abducted from Wimbledon on Dec 29, 1969. She later died. 

Brothers Nizamodeen and Arthur Hosein were convicted of her murder though police never recovered McKay’s body. 

McKay’s gravesite was revealed by Nizmodeen (75) to her lawyer. Police were forced to dig the spot to recover her remains.  

McKay was also said to have died of a heart attack as he watched a report on her kidnapping, two days after McKay’s 40-day ransom deal began.

After being tracked down by documentarians in Trinidad, the filmmakers covering the story in August 2015 had him confess to the crime. He maintained his innocence. 

Muriel McKay was kidnapped from her Wimbledon home on December 29, 1969 after she was mistaken for Anna Murdoch, the 25-year-old wife of media tycoon Rupert, and later died

Muriel McKay disappeared from Wimbledon, where she lived, on the 29th of December 1969.

Nizamodeen (right and Arthur Hosein (left) were convicted of her murder though police never recovered McKay's body. Nizmodeen, 75, has now revealed the site where McKay was buried to a lawyer representing her family

Nizamodeen (right) and Arthur Hosein, left), were both convicted for McKay’s murder. However, McKay’s remains have never been recovered by police. Nizmodeen (75) has provided the location where McKay was buried for a lawyer representing her family

They claimed to be innocent, but Arthur’s fingerprints on ransom notes were discovered. A notebook containing the same paper Muriel wrote on was also found at the location.  

Matthew Gayle in Trinidad, who was hired as a British lawyer by Nizmodeen, told Nizmodeen that he needed ‘closure’ to ensure he did not die and reveal McKay’s exact location. 

He explained that at the farmhouse is a wooden door, that has a couple of wooden doors, which have barn beside and barn beside. [left]The body is somewhere in between. 

The barbed wire fence is approximately three feet away. [from the fence].’ 

Muriel was kidnapped after the brothers tailed a chauffeured Rolls Royce belonging to Murdoch that was on loan to her husband Alick McKay.  

She was abducted in the brothers’ Volvo and taken to Rooks Farm, where they lived with Arthur’s wife and children, who were on holiday at the time. 

Newspaper executive  McKay returned home to find the telephone ripped off the wall, the contents of his wife’s handbag strewn over the hall. 

Muriel McKay's family (pictured in January 1970) are pressuring the police to excavate the farmhouse where she is thought to been buried in a bid to find her remains

Muriel McKay’s family, pictured January 1970, are pressing the police to exhume the farmhouse where her remains were thought to be buried to discover their truth.

He later received a call from a man demanding £1 million — equivalent to £20 million today — if Muriel was to be returned alive, sparking the UK’s first high-profile, kidnap-for-ransom case.     

The brothers claimed they were part M3, a mafia-like group, over the course of the 40-day affair. 

McKay also received five letters written by Muriel to McKay, one of which stated that she had been blindfolded and cold, as evidence of her existence. 

Although police tried to give fake notes to kidnappers twice, the second failed and officers were led to Rook’s Farm by their second attempt. Muriel was then taken by the brothers. 

Nizmodeen claimed to the lawyer that he was McKay’s only burial, but refused to include Arthur, his brother who was also convicted of her murder. 

McKay protested that he hadn’t killed her, insisting instead that McKay had fallen and died later from heart attacks while she was downstairs at the farmhouse. 

‘This will forever haunt me for the rest of my days,’ Nizmodeen said, adding he had fed ‘fried rice’ to McKay after kidnapping her. His brother Arthur died in prison in 2009. 

Nizmodeen Hosein protested he had not killed McKay, maintaining instead that she had collapsed and later died from a heart attack while sitting downstairs in the farmhouse (pictured)

Nizmodeen Hosein claimed McKay had been killed, but she maintained that McKay had fallen and died later from heart attacks while sitting down in her farmhouse. (pictured).

Nizmodeen agreed also to speak to Muriel’s sister Dianne (81), via video chat.   

He was afraid of me, she said. In the beginning, I tried to write him a letter but I could not do it. It made me feel physically sick. It’s been a lot of fun and I finally was able get on the Zoom call with him. 

He said that he was looking for closure and that he would like to meet his maker. When he told me that she was buried on the farm, I felt complete relief.

“I just think about it all the time. My mother was thrown into the ocean by my parents in terrible nightmares for years.

“We have not enjoyed a Christmas we love since the event. It’s an awful time. I think it’s especially upsetting that it is the anniversary. To avoid this problem, we always traveled abroad for Christmas.

Dianne said, “It’s always there back in your head somewhere.” It makes you more anxious — I lock the doors and moved abroad to somewhere in the middle of nowhere, I retreated to a very isolated place.

You didn’t know if to grieve or accept. This was an extremely confusing emotion. It is not possible to grieve or accept the loss of a loved one.

‘When he gave us these details, I realized that he wasn’t lying. He said how to get there and what the steps were. 

Dianne stated that the revelation provided her with a’sense of comfort’, just to believe she was buried someplace. This was especially important considering there was much speculation regarding being fed to pigs.

She claimed that she was desperate to locate the right person. [Muriel’s]She said that her body was gone and that, if there were any remains of the deceased, she would decide with her siblings what to do.