Colin Pitchfork, double child killer and sent BACK TO PRISON for ‘concerning behavior’ just two months after being released

  • Colin Pitchfork (61), double child killer, was arrested and sent back to prison 
  • Pitchfork was jailed for life in 1988 for the rape and murder of 15-year-old girls 
  • Two months ago, he was released from Leyhill prison near Tortworth in Gloucs.
  • He was seen in photographs roaming streets close to schools and enjoying the freedom of being a free man. 

After being released from prison two months earlier, Colin Pitchfork, a double child killer, was arrested and sent back to prison.

Pitchfork (now 61) was detained by officers on suspicion of ‘concerning conduct’. He was brought in to be processed just two months after being released from prison after serving 33 years.

He was discovered by his accomplice in crime, the Leyhill Open Prison in Tortworth, Gloucs. The predator took him to the hostel south of England where other staff members and residents welcomed him. 

He was found to be near three schools, two nurseries and photos showing him wandering around the streets in his free time revealed this fact.

Pitchfork is currently facing a standard recall. This could allow him to be returned into public life after being imprisoned in 1988 for the murder and rape of two girls aged 15 years. 

Sources told Sun that he has a history of criminal activity and is nearly guaranteed to appear before a Parole Board hearing in the next six month. This will determine his fate.

The source said it could be ‘years’ before he was released into public life again, adding: ‘Pitchfork’s licence conditions were so tough that if he stepped out of line he faced recall.  

“He has just done that. This caused great concern.

“He continued to go for long, alone walks which was itself alarming. It’s thought his attitude and fears he was hiding things were also a problem.’

A mugshot of Colin Pitchfork, the first murderer convicted and jailed using DNA evidence

Colin Pitchfork is a mugshot taken by the police. He was first to be convicted of murder using DNA evidence.

Pitchfork strangled his first victim Lynda Mann, in Narborough, Leicestershire, in November 1983. Dawn Ashworth was killed three years later by Pitchfork in Enderby, the neighboring village. 

His DNA evidence proved to be the most powerful in proving his innocence.

Pitchfork was exonerated after the Parole Commission rejected the Government and the legal challenge of the victims’ families. 

As a sign of his threat, he was placed under some of most severe license conditions.

A killer will have an electronic tag that can monitor him at all times. The victim’s family members are also banned and the attacker is restricted from using the internet.

To determine whether he is in violation of any conditions, he may have to pass spot lie detector testing.

Pitchfork was released from his life sentence early in summer, prompting furious family members to come forward.

Barbara Ashworth, the mother of Pitchfork’s second victim Dawn Ashworth, said: ‘This man should not be breathing the same air as us. He should not be walking the streets again.’ 

Rebecca Eastwood, the sister of Pitchfork’s first victim Lynda Mann, said: ‘Why has he been placed near a number of schools? I just hope the pictures will mean people will now be able to be on their guard.’

Miss Eastwood, of Liverpool, added: ‘Please remember his face and stay clear of him and keep your children safe. There is no way a man who committed these crimes can change.’

The families of both victims have accused the Parole Board of putting children at risk by ignoring concerns from experts, especially over Pitchfork’s ‘future sexual interests’.