Lucy Letby was a neonatal nurse who took photographs of the hand and feet of a baby that she is now accused of killing. Today, Lucy appeared before a Manchester Crown Court jury.

After Baby A’s death at Chester Hospital’s neonatal unit, in Cheshire, she cut a lock of his hair.

These revelations were made by some of her text messages with coworkers following the child’s sudden and unanticipated collapse.

An analysis of her internet use also revealed that she carried out repeated Facebook searches on Baby A’s mother – the first of them at 9.58am the morning after his death.

The neonatal nurse, 32, is accused of murdering seven newborn children and the attempted murder of a further ten during an alleged killing spree between June 2015 and June 2016 while working in a neonatal unit.

The twins baby A and B, both from Cheshire, were born in less than a minute at the Countess of Chester Hospital on June 7, 2015.

Letby is accused of having murdered Baby A on June 8th by injecting oxygen into his bloodstream. It is also alleged that Letby tried to murder his twin sister with the same procedure during the night shift.

Lucy Letby (pictured) carried out repeated Facebook searches of Baby A's mother less than two hours after the infant's 'sudden and unexpected' collapse

Lucy Letby (pictured) carried out repeated Facebook searches of Baby A’s mother less than two hours after the infant’s ‘sudden and unexpected’ collapse

Neonatal nurse Letby took hand and foot print photos of a baby she now stands accused of murdering, a jury at Manchester Crown Court was told today

Letby, Neonatal Nurse, took photos of the foot and hand prints of her baby. She is now being charged with murder. This was revealed today by a Manchester Crown Court jury.

Letby was today examined by the court for her internet use. She did multiple Facebook searches about Baby A’s mother within just hours of the infant’s sudden death. 

Letby said to one nurse, ‘It wasn’t fair. Just after the handover, he died suddenly and unintentionally. I’m not certain why. It has gone to the coroner. The coroner is investigating a possible clotting issue. It is very sad.

The colleague referred to her shift ending earlier in the day and said: “Oh God! He was doing great when I left.”

Letby told her that she had just collapsed suddenly. Awful. He was having a great Monday, then I took the reins Monday night.”

Letby’s colleague was sympathetic and said that he had been on duty. He added: “I am sorry this happened while you were caring for him.” It’s not a great run right now.

Letby said, “It wasn’t my intention to be in neither.” However, these are unfortunate things.

Also, the nurse said that Baby A’s parents and Baby B’s parents had been worried about losing their baby girl.

She is said to have murdered Baby A, the twin brother of Baby B, by injecting air into his bloodstream

Baby A’s twin brother Baby B is believed to have been murdered by her. She injected air into Baby B’s bloodstream.

A court sketch of Lucy Letby at Manchester Crown Court on Monday, where she stands charged with the murder of seven babies and the attempted murder of another ten

A court sketch of Lucy Letby at Manchester Crown Court on Monday, where she stands charged with the murder of seven babies and the attempted murder of another ten

Lucy Letby is fully indicted 

Lucy Letby was charged with the following:

Count 1 On June 8, 2015, Baby A was charged with the murder

Count 2 Between June 8, 2015, and June 11, 2015. Baby B was accused of attempted murder.

Count 3 Baby C’s murder was charged on June 14, 2015.

Count 4 Baby D was murdered on June 22, 2015.

Count 5 The murder of baby E has been charged on August 4, 2015.

Baby F is being charged with attempted assassination on August 5, 2015.

Count 7 Baby G is being charged with attempted murder

Count 8 Baby G was accused of attempted murder on September 21st, 2015.

Count 9 Baby G was accused of attempted murder on September 21st, 2015.

Count 10 Baby H is being charged with attempted murder

Count 11 Baby H was accused of attempted murder on September 27, 2015.

Count 12 The murder of baby I has been charged on October 23, 2015.

Count 13 Baby J was charged with attempted murder on November 27, 2015.

Count 14 Baby K attempted murder was charged on February 17th, 2015.

15 Baby L is being charged with attempted murder

Count 16 Baby M is being charged with attempted murder

Count 17 Baby N is being charged with attempted murder

Count 18 Baby N was accused of attempted murder on June 15, 2016.

Count 19 Baby N was accused of attempted murder on June 15, 2016.

Count 20 Baby O’s murder was charged on June 23, 2016.

Count 21 Baby P was murdered on June 24, 2016, and she has been charged

Count 22 Baby Q was accused of attempted murder on June 25, 2016.

Court heard that nurses in the hospital started discussing Baby A’s death on June 30th, as well as those of two other babies the same month: Baby C on June 6, and Baby D June 22. 

Letby was notified by a nurse that she had said, “There is something unusual about that night. The other nurses went suddenly.” Strange that we lost three people in completely different situations’.

Letby replied: ‘I dunno…Were they that different?’

The other colleague brought up the medical concerns of Baby C or Baby D and added: “It’s (Baby B) I don’t know how to get my head around.”

The court was also shown text messages from colleagues consoling Letby following Baby A’s death, with one telling her: ‘Luckily it doesn’t happen very often here, not that that’s any consolation at all. Let me know xxxx where you are if you would like to chat.

Letby sent an email ahead of her scheduled shift starting on June 9 to express concern about Baby B, the surviving twin of the deceased baby.

To a nurse colleague, she replied: “Hi Lucy. I hope you’re okay.

Letby said, “I think that we all did our very best in extremely sad and difficult circumstances.” Haven’t had much sleep. While I do not want to go to my parents’ house, it is necessary.

“I told you to.” [another nurse]That I don’t have the time to look after [Child B]Because I don’t know what I will feel when I see my parents.

“Dad was crying on the ground, asking for help. When we brought him to the morgue, he couldn’t stop crying. It is just so heartbreaking.

“It’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever had. I wish you a happier night.

She replied by saying that Letby would be better for her baby, so she could see the same person as before.

Letby was thanked by the same nurse, at 6.38 pm the day after the death of Baby A.

She was told by the nurse that she had done an amazing job. It’s so amazing to see you succeed.

She added: ‘Hope that doesn’t sound patronising…You did fab.’

The senior colleague replied, “I cannot imagine how difficult that must have been.”

Just over an hour after leaving her office, Letby contacted her colleague to inform her about the difficulties she had faced in arriving at the hospital to complete her shift.

She was reassured by her colleague, who said: “Remember that you are not alone.”

The colleague later added that they had a great team. Although I wish I had more time to give you the evening off, you are all so important.

Letby responded by referring to Baby A’s death and saying that she had covered for her colleague. Ha ha!

She replied, “Yes, that is what I thought.” However, I am sure that the girls were happy to have you there.

Letby’s and other texts related to his work at the neonatal unit were among the many messages that the jury received today. 

Letby stated in one message, referring to the death of Baby A: “We all need answers.”

Later, she told her colleague that she was watching An Hour To Save Your Life (a documentary about life in a neonatal unit).

This woman stated that she had never seen such programs, and said: “Get enough in your work.”

Letby explained that her fascination was based on the fact that “I find it fascinating, to see our work presented to public.”

Letby received a call from the same colleague, at 11.09pm. Letby learned that Baby A’s parents had made a note in their memory about their son.

Letby exclaimed, “Oh Good!” He hoped that they would feel comfort.

20 minutes later, at 11.31 pm, she searched Facebook for the mother of her baby.

Susan and John Letby arrive at Manchester Crown Court on Friday. They have supported their daughter throughout the trial

John Letby and Susan Letby arrive Friday at Manchester Crown Court. Their daughter has been supported by them throughout the entire trial

The court has previously heard how Baby A’s mother was heard screaming: ‘Please don’t let my baby die. They tried to revive Baby A but he died. 

According to court hearings, the father of the twins was shocked and had been frozen “like a statue” 

While their mother was sleeping, her husband alerted them to the problem with their son who had just been born second. 

A statement was read by the mother to Manchester Crown Court. She recalled that a man rushed into her room while she was watching a film. He said, “You must hurry up.”

A number of nurses and doctors tried to save the life of her baby boy, so she ran with the couple to the neonatal units. 

“I can recall seeing hundreds of people around the cot. The nurse wanted to know if she was religious, and if she would like her say a prayer.

A doctor in the unit, Rav Jayaram approached the couple to tell them that Baby A would not be able to come back even if he did, and that he was likely to have brain damage.

He said that they required me to grant permission for them to stop CPR. My emotions were so intense that I could not bring myself to tell him stop. It was (my husband) who said ‘You have to…You’re being cruel…He’s not there any more’.

Mother added that “the only thing I could manage to do was not nod” The mother continued, “One of my greatest regrets is not having the chance to hold my son when he was still alive.”

For the next 2 hours, Baby A was kept in the incubator called a “hot cot” while arrangements were made for him to be taken to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital Liverpool for a post-mortem.

Letby denies the charges. The trial goes on.