According to a neighbour who saw the father discover his child’s corpse, he left the New Jersey girl in hot cars.

Megan Kingston said that on Tuesday, the dad rushed out to pick up his daughter, two years old from her Honda SUV.

Kingston said that the girl, who was only eight years old at the time, had been kept there in the scorching heat for over eight hours.

Previous reports claimed that the mother Beatriz Viera (38), left the baby in the car. Kingston claims LeChard worked throughout and she was hysterical when she returned to find her daughter had died. 

Kingston who is the Middle Bush Fire Department’s first lieutenant, said that around 2pm she was in her home office and was about to start work when she noticed the father of their Honda parked outside. 

She stated, “The father was going inside with the child. I was following him.” The father had the child with him in the kitchen. The child was not responsive. We began CPR.

“I dialed the radio and called for rescue teams to come to the aid of the child.

I performed CPR in about 15 minutes. I requested the father’s assistance with CPR. In an effort to calm the father, I asked him to take deep breaths and then I began CPR. The ice pack was placed under her neck. “The child was very comfortable.

Soon after, the ambulances, twenty cops, four paramedics as well as two doctors, arrived at the scene.

Megan Kingston, pictured, saw a toddler's father panicking after pulling his unresponsive daughter from a hot car. Despite efforts by Kingston and paramedics, the little girl died of her injuries shortly afterwa

Megan Kingston, shown, witnessed the father of a toddler panicking when he pulled his daughter out of a hot car. Kingston and paramedics tried their best to revive the toddler, but she died shortly thereafter.

Kingston, who works as a lieutenant for the local fire department, was working at her home across the street when she saw the tragedy begin to unfold

Kingston was working as a lieutenant in the local fire service when the tragedy unfolded. 

Kingston said Beatriz leChard returned home at 2:45 PM, ‘frantic’ and ’emotionally distraught’. If Beatriz LeChard was already informed of the horror, it is unknown. 

Neighbors shared their shock at the sound of bereaved parents’ desperate wailing through their neighborhood.  

The ambulance took her to Robert Wood Johnson in New Brunswick. There, she was treated for pediatric trauma. 

Tragically, her daughter later died. 

Kingston stated, “It is heartbreaking.” It’s heartbreaking.

The Somerset County Prosecutor’s Office opened an investigation into the death of the toddler, but it’s not clear if there will be criminal charges. reached out to the office for more information.  

On Thursday, LeChard was photographed leaving her home.

The sunglasses she wore were paired with a purple T-shirt and her eyes were covered in her hair.  Although it’s not clear how the little girl got lost in her car, there is speculation that she may have been in it for as long as seven hours. 

According to police, the child could have been inside the vehicle for up to seven hours as temperatures rose above 80°F.  

LeChard was silent as she returned home to find a second, unidentified lady. LeChard, a Puerto Rico native works as a Bloomberg translator.  

Beatriz Viera LeChard, a 38-year-old translator and mother-of-two,  leaves her home on Thursday two days after the death of her two-year-old daughter. The child was left in the backseat of a sweltering car for seven hours. Neighbors found her and called 911

Beatriz Viera LeChard, a 38-year-old translator and mother-of-two, leaves her home on Thursday two days after the death of her two-year-old daughter. The child was left in the backseat of a sweltering car for seven hours. Neighbors found her and called 911

Beatriz Viera LeChard is a 38 year-old mother of two and translator. She left home Thursday on the second day following her death. She left her child in the heat for seven hours. Nearby neighbors found the child and dialled 911 

The mother is shown leaving her home on Thursday morning accompanied by a female friend

On Thursday, the mother leaves her house with a friend. 

The anguished mother is shown being consoled by a police officer outside her home in Somerset, New Jersey. The toddler had been in the vehicle for seven hours

Anguished mother seen being comforted outside Somerset, New Jersey by a cop. The vehicle had held the toddler for seven hours

The child is believed to have been trapped in her car seat for up to seven hours on Tuesday while temperatures soared

According to reports, the child was trapped in her car seat up to seven hours Tuesday as temperatures rose.

Viera LeChard is a Puerto Rican native who works as a translator for Bloomberg. She has not been charged, but the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office is investigating her daughter's death

Viera LeChard is a Puerto Rican native who works as a translator for Bloomberg. She has not been charged, but the Somerset County Prosecutor's Office is investigating her daughter's death

Viera LeChard is from Puerto Rico and works for Bloomberg as a translator. She has not been charged, but the Somerset  County Prosecutor’s Office is investigating her daughter’s death

The child’s passing shocked neighbors along this quiet street lined with trees. 

“They are kind people.” It’s such a tragedy,’ one, who did not wish to be named, told

“How is that possible?” I don’t know how you can forget. I guess we’re all forgetful, I’ve forgotten things in the car. 

“But, how can you forget about the toddler?” I don’t know,’ neighbor Alex Krstavski said. Their screams were filled with anguish and pain. She collapsed to the ground and he went to console her,’ another  neighbor told NBC New York. 

“They are great parents. They are loving, caring and devoted to their children.

Treana Huntley lived next to them and told The Franklin Reporter the sounds of their parents’ crying was traumatizing.

“It was heartbreaking, almost caused me to cry. It was extremely hurtful for me to be a mom and hear that kind of pain coming from another mother. That would be something that I don’t want on any other person. 

The death had impacted the whole area, she said. The entire neighborhood was affected by the tragedy, she stated. 

The property records show that it was last sold at $230,000 in 2013. 

The family's home in Somerset, New Jersey, was quiet on Thursday

On Thursday, the family lived in Somerset, New Jersey. 

There was no sign of anyone in the family at their home on Thursday afternoon

On Thursday, there was no one in their family’s home. 

The scene in Somerset, New Jersey, on Tuesday where a toddler died after being forgotten in the car for seven hours

Scene in Somerset, New Jersey on Tuesday, where a toddler was left in the car seven hours and died. 

The gray Honda Civic in which the child died is seen parked in the driveway of the house

This is the Honda Civic gray that the child lost, parked on the driveway.

The car is seen being removed from the house

You can see the car being taken from the home

The parents were informed by police, who knocked on their door, about the death of their daughter

Police knocked at the door to inform parents about their daughter’s death.

According to, the child was the 22nd victim of being left in a hot vehicle. Four other deaths occurred in less than a week in August. 

Treana Huntley, who lived opposite the family, said the parents' screams were devastating

Treana Hunterley, who lived right next to the family, stated that their parents’ screams had been devastating.

Amber Rollins Director is working closely with families who lost their children due to tragic accidents in order to include technology to prevent further deaths into all future vehicles. 

Together with their parents, Kids and Car Safety wrote a letter to Pete Buttigieg secretary of Department of Transportation urging him not to abandon the provision in last year’s infrastructure bill.

“Every parent makes mistakes. It doesn’t matter how it appears. 

Elizabeth Crapo said that some mistakes can lead to tragedy, and she didn’t expect it. Marah, Elizabeth’s 20-month-old girl, died from injuries sustained after her car was abandoned. 

“And then, all of the sudden you become part of this club nobody wants to belong to.”

I failed as a protector. Austin Crapo, Marah’s father, said that he had failed his child.  

“I swear you that nobody can make me feel any worse.”