Ava, the smiling face: Four teenagers are being questioned by police after a 12-year-old girl was stabbed to death in Liverpool’s Christmas lights switch on

  • Ava White’s family published a photo of Ava wearing her school uniform 
  • Ava, 12 years old, sustained “catastrophic injuries” in an attack on Thursday at 8.39pm
  • The police released a photo of the van that they believed key witnesses had inside.
  • Liverpool stabbing: Police continue to question four teens  

Ava White, wearing her school uniform with ponytails draped across each shoulder, smiles at the camera.

Just after 8:30pm on Thursday, the victim was joined by friends in watching the lights of Christmas be turned on in Liverpool.

Yesterday, the victim’s family released this photo of their daughter after she was stabbed to death by four teenage boys last night.

Fourteen-year-old boys were arrested by officers on suspicion that they had committed murder. They said they weren’t looking for any other suspects.

As police last night continued to question four teenagers over the fatal stabbing of the 12-year-old, Ava White's devastated family yesterday released this photograph of her

Police continued questioning four teens over the stabbing death of the 12-year old last night. Ava White’s family released yesterday this photo of their grieving daughter. 

Detectives investigating the murder of 12-year-old Ava White in Liverpool have released this image of a van which they believe may have been occupied by key witnesses

Investigators in Liverpool are looking into the killing of Ava White, 12-year-old. They have published this photo of a van that they suspect may be occupied by key witnesses.

Yesterday, they released CCTV footage and asked Enterprise van occupants who witnessed the attack for help to get in touch with them. 

Police claim that Ava was anointed after a fight broke out with a group teenagers.

The scene was quickly attended to by officers who found a male giving first aid. She was then rushed to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, where she later died.

Witnesses reported hearing screaming before several ‘young men’ ran from the scene. 

Later, four boys from Toxteth were arrested by the police. They are still trying to find the murder weapon.

Anfield fans of Liverpool football exploded into applause at Anfield yesterday to mark Ava’s death. It was the 12th minute in Liverpool’s match against Southampton.

The youngster (picutred) was stabbed just after 8.30pm last Thursday after joining a group of friends to watch the Christmas lights in Liverpool city centre be switched on

Picutred, a young man who was with a group of people watching the lights turn on in Liverpool’s city centre last Thursday night, was attacked and killed. 

Police later arrested four schoolboys in the Toxteth area of the city but are still looking for the murder weapon. Pictured: A police cordon was put in place yesterday following Ava's death

Four schoolboys were later taken into custody in Toxteth, but police are still searching for the weapon. Yesterday’s police operation was prompted by the death of Ava.

Ava was a Year 8 pupil at Notre Dame Catholic College in Liverpool. Pictured: Police conduct a search near the scene in Liverpool city centre where Ava died

Ava was a year 8 student at Notre Dame Catholic College Liverpool. Pictured is a police search in the vicinity of where Ava’s body was found.

Colin Parry (whose 12-year old son Tim was killed by the IRA in Warrington in 1993) has admitted that he awarded Ava the title Peace Ambassador in 2019 after she completed a charity course.

He wrote on Twitter, “What a tragedy for her family,” “Our Peace Foundation is going to be there at her school Monday,” he wrote on Twitter.

Ava attended Notre Dame Catholic College Liverpool in Year 8. 

Peter Duffy was the headteacher. He said, “She was a very popular girl and had a great group of friends.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Ava and her family, friends, and everyone else who was affected by this tragic and devastating event.”

Merseyside Police Detective Superintendent Sue Coombs stated that “Four men remain in custody to question them and part of the centre of the city remains cordoned off while our work continues.”