Police have announced that a Thai man was charged following the stabbing death of a British expat in Western Thailand.

According to officers, the victim was with Shaun Dagnan and Marcus Evans, the friend of the victim. They had been outside drinking alcohol in Kanchanaburi’s Muang area in the morning hours before the incident.

Local media reported that a sickle, used for harvesting rice, was discovered at the crime scene alongside a pair shoes.

Prasut Thipthep (22 years old) was charged today with intentional manslaughter and attempted murder of Shaun Dagnan. 

Marcus Evans, 50, who was reported to have lived in Thailand with his Thai partner for five years, was found dead in a pool blood.

Shaun, his 54-year old friend was severely injured and taken to the hospital by Thanayut Wuthijarasthamrong, police commander for western provinces Thanayut Wuthijarasthamrong.

Thanayut stated that the other Briton was safe and being treated by doctors. He also said that an ongoing police investigation was underway. 

Today, Shaun was reportedly presented with flowers by Thai police as he recuperated in hospital.

Marcus Evans, 49, from Weston Super Mere started drinking on Friday afternoon with his girlfriend and friend Shaun Dagnan, from Nuneaton. In the early hours of Saturday morning, he was allegedly attacked and killed with a sickle, allegedly over playing music too loudly

Marcus Evans, 49 from Weston Super Mere, started to drink on Friday afternoon along with Shaun Dagnan (from Nuneaton), his girlfriend. He was attacked with a sickle and killed early Saturday morning for playing too loud music.

Police said they had arrested a 23-year-old local man (pictured) with a history of mental health issues in connection with attack and had sustained injuries consistent with a knife fight

According to police, they arrested a local 23-year old man. (Image: Police) He had a history of mental illness in connection with the attack and sustained knife-related injuries.

Police said that he is now facing charges of intentional manslaughter, ‘attempting killing’ and has already pleaded guilty.

After confirming contact with Royal Thai Police, the UK’s foreign office said that they are in touch and the British Embassy in Bangkok is available to assist.  

Mr Evans, from Weston Super Mare,  started drinking on Friday afternoon with his partner and his friend Shaun Dagnan, from Nuneaton, local media said.

The victims were attacked in the early hours of Saturday in Kanchanaburi, central Thailand, allegedly over playing music too loud.

Mr Evans was killed in the attack, with reports suggesting he was nearly decapitated, while Mr Dagnan suffered critical injuries and was rushed to a nearby hospital.

Initial police statements stated that they had arrested a local 22-year old man who has a history of mental illness in connection to the attack. 

The alleged attack took place outside a rented room in Kanchanaburi, in central Thailand

It was alleged that the attack occurred outside of a Kanchanaburi, central Thailand, rented apartment

Melanie Derrick, who is thought to be his mother and victim of the attack, named Evans as Mr Evans in a Saturday Facebook post.

Along with a picture of the couple together, she wrote: ‘And just like that another person I loved dearly…. Gone xxx.’

The victim was found naked, in his underwear and covered with blood. He had been stabbed to the neck. 

According to police, Mr Dagnan was taken by ambulance to hospital. Police also said they discovered a pair of sneakers and a sickle at the site, the murder weapon. 

MailOnline was informed by a spokesperson for the Foreign Office that they were in touch with Royal Thai Police after the deaths of two British men and the hospitalization of another man in Thailand. They are available to offer consular assistance.

According to Thai media, 55-year-old Shaun Kevin Dagnan (pictured left in a photo from Facebook) survived the attack in the early hours of Saturday morning in Kanchanaburi

Thai media reported that Shaun Kevin Dagnan, 55 years old (pictured right in a Facebook photo) was able to escape the attack on Saturday morning.

The alleged murder weapon was a sickle found at the scene after two men were attacked

Two men attacked with a knife and a sickle were found near the crime scene.

Police found shoes and a sickle, (pictured) which they suspect was the murder weapon

Police discovered shoes and a sickle (pictured), which they believe to be the murder weapon.

Police speak with the Thai girlfriend of a British tourist was allegedly hacked to death with a scythe in Kanchaburi, Thailand, in the early hours of Saturday morning, January 22

British tourist’s Thai girlfriend was allegedly attacked with a knife in Kanchaburi (Thailand) on Saturday 22 January.

According to local reports, the British men began drinking Friday night and continued playing loud music from their Bluetooth speakers until midnight.

The Thai neighbor, furious at the Thais’ behavior, confronted them and launched a frenetic attack using a scythe just after 3AM.

One British man was almost killed by shouting residents before the second was discovered and treated in hospital.

A 23-year-old man was discovered hiding in a nearby home by officers, and was later arrested by police. According to reports, he was ‘trembling’ and ‘covered in blood’. 

It was allegedly committed outside a rented space at Soi Sri Lanka Mueang, Kanchanaburi.

One of the relatives of the victim’s deceased girlfriend told police that he had been woken up by loud music on Saturday morning. 

When he went to see what the commotion was, he found the two victims, the Bangkok Post reported. 

The scene was captured in photos, showing police officers in full force with thick red blood and spattered walls.  

Police said the suspect was resident of Kanchanaburi (pictured) and was remanded in custody

The suspect, who was said to be a Kanchanaburi resident (pictured), was taken into custody and remanded.

Mueang Police stated that the suspect was local and was taken into custody. He sustained injuries consistent with a knifefight. 

However, the police later revealed that the man who was taken into custody had been injured by his neighbours. They believed he was responsible for the attacks.  

Police Colonel Somkiart Chomchai said a team of police, including forensic officers, were dispatched to the scene to collect evidence. 

Adria Licci from Italy, aged 59, was a friend and neighbor of the victim. She said that the deceased arrived in Thailand on December 17, to visit his Thai girlfriend.

He stated that he was close friends with both the victim and the injured. The attacker was also known to them and they shared drinks and cigarettes with each other. They joked a lot with him.

‘I’ve never seen them fighting before. Until last night, when I heard their shouting at 3am.

“I came out from the room and discovered the injured man and the deceased man on the ground, covered in blood.

“We believe that the problem was caused by loud music being played by some men, but it should have been addressed and resolved.” This shouldn’t be so violent.

The Muang District Police said that Somkiart Chomchai, a police officer Colonel in charge of the Muang region police had arrested the accused murderer at 8:50 AM and taken into custody

His interview was set for Sunday. He also had psychiatric assessment.

Policeman stated that there were many bloodmarks left on the ground at the scene. There were also beer bottles and a Bluetooth speaker on the marble table.

“We interrogated neighbors near the scene and all said that foreigners were loudly playing music, which angered the attacker.

“We need to collect more information about the incident in order to determine if the attacker had a mental disorder.”

According to police, the British Embassy had been informed by the Bangkok Police about the death.