Premier League clash between Tottenham and Watford has been halted due to a second medical emergency. The incident happened at Vicarage Road, the second in less than a month.

  • Tottenham vs Watford was stopped following a medical emergency. 
  • A crowd member who was unconscious collapsed received medical attention from the emergency room.  
  • This is just the latest instance of medical problems in football stands.

Watford’s match against Tottenham at home was stopped briefly on New Year’s Day due to a medical emergency that involved a spectator. 

The clash at Vicarage Road was over for five minutes, when play was suspended. Doctors raced to the pitch to provide treatment to the supporter who appeared to be in serious condition.

It is the latest incident of medical issues in the stands at football matches – as well as problems suffered by footballers themselves – and is the second time in a month that a fan has had to be treated after a supporter suffered a cardiac arrest during Watford’s game against Chelsea on December 1.

The game against Tottenham was in its final five minutes. With the score at 0-0, the emergency occurred. Medical teams from both parties rushed to provide assistance. 

After a short time, officials were able treat and stretcher the fan. The game resumed shortly after that.  

Tottenham was able to beat the opposition 1-0 with the help of Davinson Sanchez’s header in the sixth minute.

Watford's clash vs Tottenham was temporarily halted after a medical incident in the stands

The clash between Tottenham and Watford was briefly halted due to a medical issue in the stands

The stoppage occurred in the final five minutes of the game - with eight minutes then added on

The game was stopped in the final 5 minutes. Eight minutes added.

Fears of collapses this year in football matches will be reinforced by the latest incident. This follows Christian Eriksen’s cardiac arrest during Denmark’s Euro 2020 opener. 

Sergio Aguero, Barcelona’s striker for Barcelona, was then taken off the pitch after suffering from breathing difficulties. He later retired due to irregular heartbeat. 

Charlie Wyke from Wigan suffered cardiac arrest in training. Leam Richardson, the Wigan manager, and a doctor treated him. John Fleck of Sheffield United collapsed while trying to stop Reading’s attack. 

It is the second time such an incident has occurred at Vicarage Road after a supporter was treated during Watford's match against Chelsea on December 1

This is the second such incident at Vicarage Road, following the treatment of a Chelsea supporter during Watford’s game against Chelsea in December 1.

Fans have been also affected, as seen at Vicarage Road. The incident occurred in the midst of Newcastle’s October match against Tottenham. In the 40th minutes of the match, play was suspended. A man aged 80 received medical attention and eventually became stable in hospital.

A fan fell at Southampton’s match with Leicester, while a follower suffered a heart attack during Watford’s defeat to Chelsea. 

Watford’s incident, now the second within a month of each other, saw the match stop in the 10th minutes. The match was suspended for 30 minutes while the fan was being treated. He was then taken to the hospital and stretchered from the stadium. The medical team was able to stabilize him.