An ‘enraged’ former police firearms instructor fatally shot his daughter’s fiancé after being told his home was to be sold, a murder trial heard today.

In a 999 call, David Hucker recorded the moment he twice shot his shotgun at Robert Williamson, a City of London officer.

When Hucker, 69 years old, fired the legally held 12-bore Beretta from close range at Mr Williamson’s chest and fractured ribs with his lung, Mr Williamson was calling the emergency services.

The pensioner then shot the 43-year old in the head and neck, causing severe injuries and defenseless. He also damaged his larynx.

Maidstone Crown Court in Kent was informed that there had been a 16 second delay between two shots and that Hucker’s son-in law was recording the incident.

Mr Williamson’s screams and shouts of ‘He just shot me in the f***ing chest’ could be heard by the operator as she tried to connect him.

Hucker, a keen shooting enthusiast for 30 years, could then be heard telling a stricken Mr Williamson ‘I f***ing warned ya’ before the sound of the second shot was captured.

Firearms instructor David Hucker (pictured left) fatally shot his daughter's fiancé Robert Williamson (pictured right) after being told his home was to be sold, a murder trial heard today

Firearms instructor David Hucker (pictured left) fatally shot his daughter’s fiancé Robert Williamson (pictured right) after being told his home was to be sold, a murder trial heard today

Hucker, according to Nicholas Corsellis C.P., is accused of following Mr Williamson upstairs. He loaded high-performance cartridges into his gun and then took the safety stop off to make sure that it was ready to fire.

After midday, on May 11, 2011, the pensioner shot Mr Williamson (a “cowering” man) in his bedroom in Hucker’s Dartford terraced house in Kent.

According to some, Mr Williamson was’mortally injured’ by the first shot of the double-barrel, “over and under” double-barrel pistol. The second, however, would have rendered him speechless and he could not communicate and lead to his ‘almost immediate’ death. 

Mr Corsellis said at the start of Hucker’s trial: ‘Standing over Mr Williamson was the defendant and on the phone he can be heard to say after that second shot ‘I f***ing warned ya’, and then finishing off with ‘F*** ya’.

The Crown suggests that the words are spoken by themselves. The words are a reflection of the fact that the defendant was angry at his wife and wanted to kill his daughter’s husband, who he thought of as his son in law.

It is alleged Hucker ‘lost the plot’ after Mr Williamson – who was engaged to Hucker’s daughter Samantha – revealed they planned to sell the terraced property and told him to ‘f*** off out the house’.

The court heard the pensioner shot a 'cowering' Mr Williamson, who was unarmed, in a bedroom at Hucker's terraced home in Dartford, Kent. Pictured: the scene in May last year

According to the court, the pensioner had shot Mr Williamson unarmed in his bedroom in Hucker’s Dartford terraced house in Kent. The scene as it appeared in May 2013.

Miss Hucker bought the Dartford Road home of her father so that he could live there even after his divorce in 2018.

After being in a 14-year relationship, she and Mr Williamson became engaged when he died.

The couple had to move out of their Northfleet home due to financial problems.

The plan was to temporarily live with Hucker, and Mr Williamson moved their belongings into the home on the morning of the alleged crime.

The two men were described by Hucker as Alpha males and Hucker said they had a strained relationship. Williamson revealed the plans for the sale of the house. Miss Hucker confirmed this by calling her father.

Corsellis stated that Hucker faced losing his home and his shotgun permit as a consequence of Williamson’s police call was the ‘final straw’. This led to him shooting Hucker twice.

Pictured: Floral tributes left at the terraced house in Dartford Kent in May last year

Pictured: Last May, floral tributes were left at Dartford Kent’s terraced house.

He described the incident as “dynamic” and told the jury that it was the Crown’s case the defendant intended to murder Mr Williamson.

“He was so upset by Mr Williamson’s telling him to leave his home, that he arm himself with his gun and loaded it.

“He followed him up the steps and took the safety stop off his gun. When Mr Williamson called the police, and faced the possibility of not being able to pursue his shooting passion, Williamson shot Williamson two times. 

He later claimed that he did not intend to harm or kill Williamson and that he was only trying to frighten Williamson by shooting the gun at the ceiling.

Hucker was also accused of making comments regarding the death of his son in-law during hours preceding the incident.

In an agitated state, he was said to have told his daughter in a phone call ‘I will kill him before he moves in here’, while a neighbour overheard him saying ‘I’m going to shoot the f***ing c**t’. 

David Hucker denies murder and is standing trial at Maidstone Crown Court (pictured)

David Hucker has denied murdering his wife and is on trial at Maidstone Crown Court.

Police heard from Barry Palmer, Hucker’s neighbour next door that Hucker had said to him “many times” that a shotgun could be used to exonerate Williamson if he was too mouthy in the months preceding the fatal shooting. 

Prosecution claimed that Mr Williamson would be ‘cowering away” from Hucker at the time he was shot.

In the 999 call, which was played in court, Hucker could also be heard telling the operator ‘I just shot him, two barrels’, adding ‘He told me to f*** off out of my own house’.

Interviewed by police, he stated that this remark was “the red touchpaper” and so he climbed the stairs after having prepared himself to scare and silence Mr Williamson.

He admitted that he was a person who “will test to extreme” and said it had gotten out of control.

Hucker stated to police that the situation was “out of control” and that his instinct led him to fire the gun twice.

He claimed that he only had the gun to “put a shot into the ceiling” and that the initial discharge was an accident.

Hucker denied the murder of his wife and continues to face trial.