Hero cabbie David Perry, pictured with his wife Rachel, has shared his first statement since the Remembrance Sunday terror attack

David Perry is seen here as a Hero Cabbie with Rachel.

According to the taxi driver, who survived the terror attacks in Liverpool, it was miraculous that he’s alive.

David Perry, his wife Rachel and their statement was released by police. They thanked everyone for their “amazing generosity” in the aftermath of the Remembrance Monday attack.

Emad Al Swealmeen was 32 years old when the taxi in which he was travelling died outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital. However, David Perry, his taxi driver, managed to survive with only minor injuries. 

“On behalf of Rachel, me, and all our families, I would like you to send my sincere thanks for all your wonderful wishes for a speedy recovery and your incredible generosity. It is overwhelming.

‘A special thanks goes to staff at Liverpool Women’s Hospital and Merseyside Police and Counter Terrorism Policing.

“It feels like a miracle I’m still alive. And, it is a blessing that no other person was inflicted by such a terrible act. It’s now time for me to process the events and concentrate on my mental and physical recovery.

“Please Be Kind, Safe and Vigilant.”

This comes at a time when people from Liverpool are being praised for standing shoulder-to-shoulder in the aftermath of Remembrance Sunday’s attack. The public was reminded that they’re the ‘eyes, ears, and mouth’ for the police fighting terror.

Emad Al Swealmeen, 32, died when the taxi he was a passenger in exploded outside the Liverpool Women's Hospital just before 11am on November 14, but taxi driver David Perry managed to escape with injuries and has now said it was a miracle he survived the attack

Emad Al Swealmeen (32), died in the explosion of the taxi that he was riding in outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital on November 14. David Perry, the taxi driver, managed to flee with minor injuries. He now says it is a miracle that he survived. 

A week following the explosion at the city’s women’s hospital, officials expressed their appreciation for the patience and understanding of locals.

Police said the bomb that was used in this incident was a homemade explosive, with ball bearings attached. They also claimed it could have led to’significant injury and death. 

The investigation is ongoing and officers continue to work around the clock. Police stated that they are still trying to defeat terrorists, but added that police will do all possible to keep the city safe as Christmas approaches.

In an open letter, police and political leaders from the area paid tribute to the response of the public as well as the emergency workers and hospital staff seven days after the blast.

On Sunday, the letter was published by Merseyside police chief constable Serena Kennedy and Mayor Joanne Anderson. It also mentions Merseyside crime commissioner Emily Spurrell as well as Combined Authority Metro mayor Steve Rotheram.

It praised people for standing together “in the face of difficulties” and stated that terrorism’s ultimate goal was to cause discord, distrust, fear, and violence in communities. While we understand some people are anxious or concerned, we’ve seen many people from Liverpool stand shoulder-to-shoulder.

Pictured: An aerial view of the damaged car being removed by forensic officers after the explosion at the Liverpool Women's Hospital on just before 11am Remembrance Sunday

Pictured: Aerial view of the car that was damaged in the blast at Liverpool Women’s Hospital just before 11:00 Remembrance Sunday

“And that’s because Liverpool has a proud history as a multicultural city and Merseyside’s wider region pull together when times like these are tough. The pride of our communities is evident for everyone to see.

“This community is known for its kindness, friendliness, and sense of unity. While police investigation continues, we are not surprised by the understanding and patience shown by residents.

The hospital’s management and staff were praised for their ‘phenomenal’ work. Since last Sunday, more than 150 babies had been born and more than 60 have received specialist care on the Neo-natal Unit. 

They appealed for public help and stated that ‘Communities defeat terror, which is why everyone needs to work together. 

Although an Islamist plot may be one avenue of investigation, investigators remain open-minded and are trying to determine the motives.

Security services and police are continuing to work together on understanding the situation.

Emad Al-Swealmeen, 32, pictured, was of Iraqi origin but used a Jordanian passport and visa to deceive border control when he arrived in the UK as an desperate asylum seeker in 2014

Emad Al-Swealmeen (32), was originally from Iraq, but used a Jordanian visa and passport to deceive the border guards when he came to the UK in 2014.

Al Swealmeen was an asylum seeker, who had converted from Christianity to Islam. His application for asylum in the UK in 2014 was rejected. However, another appeal continued at his time of death.

Today’s shocking new details revealed that the then 25-year old failed asylum seeker had admitted to immigration officials that he falsified his passport and visa during a screening interview, just days after arriving in Britain.

The Sun obtained a 35-page Home Office dossier. It shows Al Swealmeen’s skill to create a complex web of lies to deceive immigration officers. This allowed him to stay in Britain for seven more years, even though his application was rejected.

In claiming he was from Syria war-torn, the fanatic told police that he had ‘psychological issues’.

The border guards suspected of preparing him for the interview questioned him about everything, including his travel to Syria with his family and Jordanian passport. Finally they forced the manipulative liar into a confession.

Al Swealmeen was eventually given a formal warning by investigators. He had “lied and used deception in order to enter the UK”.

One year later his formal asylum request was turned down and in 2017 he was not allowed to appeal.

These shocking revelations come after police discovered that Liverpool bomber Emad al Swealmeen began building his bomb factory at a rented bedit in April.  

After being confirmed and baptized at Liverpool Cathedral in 2017, he tried other desperate ways to seek asylum.

According to immigration sources, Al Swealmeen tried to murder women and children on Remembrance Sunday by using a false identity. He also made numerous appeals for asylum to be removed from the UK.