After a stray flamework fell in her yard, the 75-year-old pensioner lost everything. The fire started on her rattan furniture and spread to her basement.

  • Pauline Perry, 75 years old, witnessed her home in Norris Green (Liverpool) engulfed by flames.
  • After the garden fire, the patio door sounded a ‘pop’. The fire was then allowed to enter downstairs. 
  • Merseyside Rescue and Fire confirmed that the incident wasn’t a targeted attack
  • A neighbor said that there was no justice and demanded a ban on the sale of firework.

After a Guy Fawkes Night firework set fire to her house, a pensioner lost everything. 

Pauline Perry (75) didn’t realize until much too late that a firework had lit her rattan furniture outside of her Liverpool home at Norris Green. 

Pauline’s home was in flames so fast that the patio doors ‘popped’.

Reports Liverpool Echo: As she tried to get the patio furniture out of her house quickly, flames broke through through the glass and started tearing through her basement.

The blaze at the property in Norris Green, Liverpool, was caused by a stray firework that set light to garden furniture before consuming the inside of the house

The blaze at the property in Norris Green, Liverpool, was caused by a stray firework that set light to garden furniture before consuming the inside of the house

The homeowner, 75-year-old Pauline Perry, had recently lost her partner after he was hospitalised with sepsis in in September

Pauline Perry (75 years old) had just lost her 75-year-old husband after he was admitted with Sepsis in September.

On November 5, at 7.30pm, four fire engines arrived on the scene. 

Pauline, who was said to be in a bad place by a neighbor, died after her husband received sepsis treatment at the hospital. 

‘She was only just readjusting after her husband’s passing and then for this to happen – there’s just no justice’ said Steve Finlay, Pauline’s neighbour.

Steve, who is 68 years old, stated that Pauline holds the same opinions as I when it came to fireworks. That means we shouldn’t be selling them anymore.

“Only well-organized displays are allowed, and fireworks should not be sold to individuals.” Steve said that it was unacceptable.

Steve has welcomed Pauline to his house. He explained that Pauline didn’t immediately notice the flames on her patio, as her curtains were closed.  

Pauline was born in Wolverhampton (West Midlands) and moved to Liverpool six years ago with her husband. 

Pauline has a GoFundMe account to get her back on track. 

Alistair Smith from a neighboring street set up GoFundMe and said that Pauline was okay, but in a poor state.

“We are hoping to raise some funds in the local community to help her get through this all. Every little bit helps. 

The patio furniture fire caused the door into the living room to 'pop' open and the blaze leapt inside, tearing through the downstairs of her property

Patio furniture caught fire, and it caused the front door to the living room of the house to “pop” open. The blaze then jumped inside, burning through her downstairs property.

A GoFundMe page has been set up to help get Pauline 'back on her feet' after her house was incinerated by a stray Bonfire Night firework

Pauline was burned to death by a Bonfire Night bonfire. A GoFundMe page was created to assist her.

Merseyside Fire and Rescue confirmed the fire was not a targeted attack

Merseyside fire and rescue confirmed that this was not an attack on the target.

Merseyside Rescue and Fire said that the fire was caused by a single firework and was not targeted. 

According to them, “Firefighters arrived on the scene to extinguish a fire in the ground floor at a detached two-storey property. They formed two firefighting teams using a hose reel jet and one of the firefighters fighting the fire. The other team searched for the occupants of the house.

Crews found that one occupant had fled the premises when they arrived. An ambulance was called to perform precautionary checks.

Pauline's house has been boarded up following the fire damage, and she is having to live with her neighbour temporarily

Pauline has to temporarily live in a neighbor’s place because her house was damaged by the fire. 

The fire was out of control at 7.44pm. Crews continued searching the structure until firefighting stopped at 8.04. The crews continued to work until 9:48pm, dampening the fire.

“An investigation found that the fire was caused by a stray flamework, which ignited garden furniture and then spread to the property.