Teenager, 19, and his ‘furious’ mother, 36, are both found guilty of killing boy, 17, after she drove him to spot of machete murder because victim and his friends kept knocking on her door looking for her son

  • Levi Ernest-Morrison was an autistic man who was killed by a knife on April 10.
  • Nicola Leighton confesses to driving her son Tyreese Ulsses to the crime scene
  • After hearing that Levi was knocking at his mother’s front door, Ulysses rallied with friends.
  • Ulysses, along with his friends, chased Levi. He was then fatally wounded.
  • Leighton has been found guilty today of murder and possession an offensive weapon
  • Ulysses was found guilty of manslaughter after he admitted to having a gun. 

The murder of 17-year old boy by a mother-son team was committed by a father and son.

Nicola Leighton was furious after Levi Ernest Morrison and his buddies kept coming to her house looking for Tyreese Ulysses.

Ulysses, 19, learned that his mother was ‘bothering’ him. He rallied friends and, with all knives in hand, told jurors.

They jumped out of Leighton’s ‘distinctive’ red Suzuki 4×4 jeep and some of the group chased Levi and one of his friends.

Levi was a man with autism and nerve damage that caused him to have drop feet. He had to use a crutch for walking and was fatally shot on April 10.

Leighton of Sydenham was found guilty today of murdering and possessing an offensive weapon.

Ulysses was originally from Catford, South London. He admitted previously to having a gun. However, he was convicted by 10 to 2 of manslaughter.

A total of two teenagers aged 16-17, who also confessed to having guns, were unanimously found guilty of murder. 

Levi Ernest-Morrison (pictured) was killed on April 10 in Sydenham, southeast London.

Levi Ernest-Morrison, (pictured), was shot and killed in Sydenham on April 10, southeast London.

An artist impression of Nicola Leighton, 36, and her son Tyreese Ulysses, 19, appearing at the Old Bailey

A 36-year-old artist’s impression of Nicola Leighton and Tyrese Ulsses, her 19 year old son, appearing at The Old Bailey

Bill Emlyn Jones QC was previously able to tell a court about the Sydenham attack that took place in south London. It took 30 seconds.

The attackers ran back to Leighton’s waiting car and sped off from the crime scene.

Mr Emlyn Jones stated that Nichola Leighton, who was furious when Levi and his friends knocked on her door at night, was outraged.

“She called the police to report the situation and said that she would batter the boys if they returned.”

“But, before she called the police she spoke with her son Tyreese Ulysses.

‘The prosecution say that having heard from his mum that Levi and his friends had come round to his mum’s house and were bothering her, he then rallied the troops.’

Levi (right) had autism and nerve damage which gave him drop foot, meaning he needed to walk with a crutch

Levi (right), who had Autism and Nerve Damage, was unable to walk without a crutch.

Leighton admitted to driving the boys there, though she denied knowing that they were armed. However her son said they wanted to scare them off.

The defendants were placed in custody for sentencing on January 28, next year. 

After failing to find a verdict for a murder charge against another 15-year-old, the jury was disbanded.