According to police, a Thai ex-pat has been charged with murder after being stabbed in the stomach using a rice sickle.

Officers discovered that the victim had been with Shaun Dagnan (Marcus Evans) in Kanchanaburi’s Muang area, drinking alcohol in the hours before the incident.

Local media reported that a sickle, used for harvesting rice, was discovered at the crime scene alongside a pair shoes.

Prasut Thipthep (22 years old) was charged today with intentional manslaughter and attempted murder of Shaun Dagnan. 

Marcus Evans (50), who according to reports had been living in Thailand for 5 years and was married to a Thai woman, was discovered dead in a pool.

Shaun, Shaun’s 54-year-old friend, was badly injured during the attack. He was taken to hospital for treatment by Thanayut Wuthijarasthamrong (police commander in western provinces), said.

Thanayut stated that the other Briton was safe and being treated by doctors. He also said that an ongoing police investigation was underway. 

Today, Shaun was reportedly presented with flowers by Thai police as he recuperated in hospital.

Marcus Evans, 49, from Weston Super Mere started drinking on Friday afternoon with his girlfriend and friend Shaun Dagnan, from Nuneaton. In the early hours of Saturday morning, he was allegedly attacked and killed with a sickle, allegedly over playing music too loudly

Marcus Evans, 49 from Weston Super Mere, started to drink on Friday afternoon along with Shaun Dagnan (from Nuneaton), his girlfriend. He was attacked with a sickle and shot to death early Saturday morning for playing too loud music.

Police said they had arrested a 23-year-old local man (pictured) with a history of mental health issues in connection with attack and had sustained injuries consistent with a knife fight

The police claimed that they had taken into custody a local 23 year-old man, (pictured), who had mental health problems and suffered injuries consistent from a knife fight.

Today, Police Lieutenant Colonel Thanayut Vuthijarathamrong addressed a press conference and stated that the accuser confessed the cause of death to a disagreement.

“The victim was injured and the dead were drunken and listening to loud music all night, until this caused dissatisfaction and led the perpetrator to assault the men.

The officer responded to claims that the suspect had suffered from mental illness in the past. He confirmed that he has received treatment and that an ongoing exam was being done to assess his mental condition at the time.

“In such a situation, an investigating officer and expert doctors will examine the suspect to ascertain if he was conscious or unconscious at the time of attack.

“But at first, there were two charges against them: one for intentional manslaughter, and another charge of trying to kill someone else.

“For the wounded and the dead, police have joined forces with the Tourist Police (including the Office of Tourism and Sports officials) to work with the British Embassy in order to reach the loved ones of those who are injured or deceased.

The alleged attack took place outside a rented room in Kanchanaburi, in central Thailand

It was alleged that the attack occurred outside of a Kanchanaburi, central Thailand, rented apartment

“It’s currently waiting for relatives of deceased and injured to travel to Thailand. Additional assistance for the deceased and injured will be considered by The Ministry of Tourism and Sports.

Since then, the UK foreign office confirmed that it was in touch with Royal Thai police. The British Embassy in Bangkok also indicated its willingness to offer consular assistance.  

Mr Evans, from Weston Super Mare,  started drinking on Friday afternoon with his partner and his friend Shaun Dagnan, from Nuneaton, local media said.

The victims were attacked in the early hours of Saturday in Kanchanaburi, central Thailand, allegedly over playing music too loud.

Mr Evans was killed in the attack, with reports suggesting he was nearly decapitated, while Mr Dagnan suffered critical injuries and was rushed to a nearby hospital.

In the initial statement, police said that they arrested a local man aged 22 with mental health problems in connection to this attack. 

According to Thai media, 55-year-old Shaun Kevin Dagnan (pictured left in a photo from Facebook) survived the attack in the early hours of Saturday morning in Kanchanaburi

Thai media reported that Shaun Kevin Dagnan, 55 years old (photo from Facebook), survived Saturday’s attack.

Melanie Derrick named Mr Evans as the victim in an attack on him. She is believed to have been his mother.

Along with a picture of the couple together, she wrote: ‘And just like that another person I loved dearly…. Gone xxx.’

The victim was found naked, in his underwear and lying on the ground with a number of knife wounds. Police arrived at the scene about 3.50 AM Saturday GMT (20:50 GMT). 

Police said that Mr Dagnan was taken to the hospital in critical condition. They also found shoes and a sickle at the crime scene. 

MailOnline received a statement from the Foreign Office stating that the Foreign Office was in communication with Royal Thai Police regarding the death of one British citizen and the hospitalization in Thailand of another. The spokesperson added: “We are prepared to support consular services.”

Pictured: the alleged weapon used in the attack was a sickle found at the scene

Pictured is the sickle, which was located at the scene and used as the weapon of attack

Police found shoes and a sickle, (pictured) which they suspect was the weapon used in attack

Police recovered shoes (pictured) and a sickle from a suspect in an attack.

Police speak with the Thai girlfriend of a British tourist was allegedly hacked to death with a scythe in Kanchaburi, Thailand, in the early hours of Saturday morning, January 22

British tourist’s Thai girlfriend was allegedly attacked with a knife in Kanchaburi (Thailand) on Saturday 22 January.

Local media reports that the British men had started to drink on Friday, and they continued to ‘talk loudly’ and ‘play music’ on their Bluetooth speakers well into the night.

But, they were confronted by a furious Thai neighbor who allegedly launched the frenetic attack with a scissor shortly after 3am.

One British man was almost killed by shouting residents before the second was discovered and treated in hospital.

A 23-year-old man was discovered hiding in a nearby home by officers, and was later arrested by police. According to reports, he was ‘trembling’ and ‘covered in blood’. 

An alleged attack occurred outside of a room rented at Soi Sri Lanka, Mueang in Kanchanaburi.

Police were contacted by the relative of the girlfriend of the deceased victim to report that his neighbour was awakened early Saturday morning by loud music. 

When he went to see what the commotion was, he found the two victims, the Bangkok Post reported. 

Photographs showed the scene as swarming police officers, filled with red blood streams and littered walls.  

Police said the suspect was resident of Kanchanaburi (pictured) and was remanded in custody

According to police, the suspect is a Kanchanaburi native (pictured). He was placed in custody.

Mueang Police stated that the suspect was local and was taken into custody. He sustained injuries consistent with a knifefight. 

However, the police later revealed that the man who was taken into custody had been injured by his neighbours. They believed he was responsible for the attacks.  

Police Colonel Somkiart Chomchai said a team of police, including forensic officers, were dispatched to the scene to collect evidence. 

Adria Licci (59), a friend from Italy who lived with the victim in the resort said the victim had visited him on 17 December to see his Thai girlfriend.

He claimed that he had been friends with both the man who was killed and the one who sustained injuries. The attacker was also known to them and they shared drinks and cigarettes with each other. He was a joker to them.

“I have never witnessed the trio of them argue before, until last night when they all started shouting around 3 am.

I came to the door and discovered the injured man and the deceased man on the ground, covered in blood.

“We believe the men playing loud music caused the issue, but we should have discussed the matter and found a solution. The issue shouldn’t need to escalate into violence.

According to Muang police Colonel Somkiart Chomchai, the attacker was taken into custody after being arrested at 8.50 am.

On Sunday, he was scheduled to interview and undergo psychiatric evaluations.

Policeman stated that there were many blood marks left on the ground at the scene. A Bluetooth speaker and beer bottles were found on the marble table.

“We interviewed neighbours near the scene, and everyone said the foreigners were playing loud music which angered the attacker.

“We must gather additional information to confirm that the attacker did not have a mental illness.

The death was reported by police to the British Embassy Bangkok.