If you have missed out on your annual holiday for the last 2 years, you will no doubt be looking to enjoy a long summer holiday in a tropical paradise and there’s no better destination than the Royal Kingdom of Thailand. This amazing country has it all, which is why more than 30 million people holidayed in Thailand in 2018 and here are just a few of the reasons to make the tropical paradise of Thailand as your 2021 holiday destination.
- Luxury Accommodation – You can stay in one of the 5-star luxury resorts or rent a poolside villa for a few weeks, if you prefer a little privacy. Don’t forget to book a soothing afternoon massage at the Oasis Spa in Phuket, where you can relax and enjoy traditional Thai massage from the experts. As the demand for such luxury accommodation is high, you are advised to book early, which might also bring a good discount.
- Thai Cuisine – This alone is reason enough to spend a few weeks in Thailand, with delicious traditional Thai dishes made from pure coconut cream and local spices and if you are staying in the South of the country, the food is very spicy indeed! There are fruits that you have never heard of and the Thais are very ingenious in the way they make delicious dessert dishes, made from the many fruits. If you are on the coast, you can enjoy the best seafood menus that are prepared by master Thai chefs, with fresh fish caught in the Andaman Sea.
- Diverse Options – Most people come for at least one month, during which time you can spend a couple of weeks at a luxury beach resort in the south, a week in Bangkok and two weeks exploring the mountainous northern part of Thailand. The culture in the north and south are like chalk and cheese and the people are very friendly, making for a unique experience. Here are a few tips for great Bangkok nightlife.
- Amazing Marine Life – If you love to snorkel, the southern Thai islands will be a paradise and there is also scuba diving on Koh Tao, the furthest island from the Thai mainland. Phuket and Krabi sit on the shores of the Andaman Sea, where you can snorkel the reefs and experience the amazing marine life. You could take your PADI if you have no diving experience, as there are many diving schools where you can become a proficient scuba diver.
- Low Cost of Living – Thailand offers a cheap living experience when compared to Europe and that will help to keep costs down. One thing is for sure, as the tourism sector has not had a good couple of years and prices are lower now than 2 years ago, which is great for the tourist.
Check out the Tourism Authority of Thailand website, which offers a lot of information about travelling in Thailand and that will help you to plan your holiday.