The year 2020 will be remembered by all, as it saw the arrival of Covid-19 and the global lockdowns we have become used to, and if you are looking for a great holiday for the coming summer, Thailand has much to offer the tourist. Here are a few unusual holiday ideas that you can enjoy in Thailand.
- Farmer Homestays – You can spend a week with a Thai farming family as they plant, manage and harvest their Jasmine rice and with an online search, you can be on the website of a tour operator who specialises in Thai homestay holidays. If you prefer the South of Thailand, stay with a fishing family and see life from their perspective, as they go about their daily activities. You will eat, work and relax with your host family and make some amazing memories.
- Luxury Jungle Retreats – Search online for a 5-star hotel in Khao Lak, Phang Nga province, which is a National Park that combines beaches and forests, with limestone cliffs that lead to the Andaman Sea. There are 147 National Parks in the Land of Smiles, each with its own unique character and the Internet is full of free resources about Thai National Parks, which will help you choose the best destination for your luxury holiday.
- Golfing Paradise – The Royal Kingdom of Thailand is quite literally a golfer’s haven, with world class courses in all parts of the country. Golf is a firm favourite with middle and upper class Thais and basing your holiday in Hua Hin puts you in a central location from where you can access many world-rated gold clubs. While most avid golfers will bring their clubs with them, you can hire clubs and a bag and engage a caddy to help with the round. The premier golf courses were designed by industry professionals and there are some really challenging courses to test your abilities. If you fancy setting up a business in Thailand, you should read this article.
- Trekking in the North – If you base yourself in Chiang Mai, you can set off to Chaing Rai along popular hiking trails and meet the Karen and Hmong hilltribes, who have a unique culture and are very hospitable to foreign tourists. If you are an adventurous type, you can raft and zipline in this part of Thailand; simply Google ‘extreme sports in Thailand’ and you will receive a list of websites that offer extreme activities.
- Wellness & Spa Resort – There are many spa & wellness centres located in Thailand, typically set in a beautiful location where you can relax in 5-star luxury and enjoy Thai oil massage and yoga sessions in the early morning. A couple of weeks of authentic rest and rejuvenation will recharge your batteries, ready for another year of hard work.
As you can see, there are quite a few alternative holiday ideas in Thailand and searching online is the easiest way to source great resorts, when you can make your booking and prepare for what will most certainly be the holiday of a lifetime.