We are all very happy to see the end of 2020, what with the pandemic and the carnage that has caused economically and if you are already looking ahead to your next holiday, there are many options. Here are a few of the best exotic holiday destinations to give you some inspiration.
- Phuket, Southern Thailand – Known as one of the jewels of Southeast Asia, Phuket is a premier beach resort town and island where you can enjoy sun and sand in a tropical paradise. You can either stay at one of the 5-star resorts or rent a bungalow overlooking the beach and rent a yacht and explore the amazing Andaman Sea, the home of Whale Sharks and giant Manta Rays.
- The Maldives Islands – If you want luxury service in a tropical ambience, the Maldives is the place to visit, while renting an overwater villa in the Fairmont Maldives is the ultimate in luxury rest and relaxation. You can stay in a water bungalow, where you can enjoy your very own butler and chef, while sipping your favourite cocktail. There are watersports to keep you amused and if you are into snorkeling, you will love the Maldives, which is one of the most popular luxury beach holidays in the world.
- St Lucia – One of the prettiest of the Caribbean islands, St Lucia offers 5-star luxury on a stunning beach resort and booking online is simple. You could fly direct or take a cruise from Miami and disembark at St Lucia, where you can really enjoy the amazing service that these resorts are known for. There isn’t much to do outside of the resort, but with everything at hand, you have your own paradise beach section and with free waterskiing and paragliding, you can have a great time.
- Indonesian Islands – There are literally thousands of tiny islands in Indonesia and you could charter a yacht, which allows you to get a glimpse of real paradise. Failing that, search with Google for Indonesian island resorts, of which there are many, but make sure you book early to avoid disappointment. If Hong Kong sounds appealing, here is some useful information to help with the planning.
- Copacabana, Mexico – This is a very popular destination for many Americans and there are flights from most parts of the world. Mexico has a lot to offer the tourist, with great food, tasty beer and some beautiful natural scenery. Once you have been here, the locals say you will surely return for a second time, enchanted by the local culture and warm hospitality and prices are very reasonable when compared to some parts of the world.
If you are looking to travel from May to August, you should start your quest to book the trip as soon as possible and hopefully we will soon see the end of the Covid crisis and we can get back to some kind of normality. You will appreciate the holiday so much more after enduring a year of travel restrictions and can recharge your batteries, ready for another year.