By Olivia Day for Daily Mail Australia

Friday, October 15

Cleo, her mother Ellie Smith and Jake Gliddon, her partner, arrive at Blowholes campsite at 6:30pm.

They had a quiet night and arrived at sunset.

Saturday, October 16

1:30am: Cleo’s last sighting with her parents in the tent she shared, with her baby sister and her parents, when Cleo asked for water.

6.23am Ellie calls 000 to report her eldest child missing. She continues to search for the camp ground.

6.30am: Two officers are dispatched to Carnarvon police station. They will travel to Blowholes in order of priority, with sirens or lights.

6.41am: Blowholes receives a second police vehicle with two additional officers.

7.10am: The first officer arrives. The second one arrives in just minutes.

7.26am: Police arrive on the scene and create a protected forensic area that is taped to the public around the tent where Cleo was last spotted.

7.33am: A drone operator will be called to search the skies.

7.44am: A third officer car is dispatched for the Blowholes

8 a.m.: Cleo’s family and friends begin to arrive to assist with the ground search.

Another group of detectives quickly searched Cleo’s home to ensure she wasn’t there.

They then travel to Blowholes, where they stop cars entering and leaving the area.

8.09 AM: A helicopter from a local business arrived on the scene and began searching. Blowholes police requested that an SES team be sent to the scene.

8.24am: Volunteer marine searchers and police air-wing are called in to assist in the search.

8.34 AM: Police set up roadblocks at Blowholes to collect names, addresses, and registration details of all those who are coming and going. Police search cars.

9.25 AM: Nine SES personnel arrive at Blowholes to help with the search.

Investigators, bounty hunters and officers from the Australian Federal Police have spent two-and-a-half weeks searching for missing four-year-old Cleo (pictured)

Cleo, a missing four-year old girl, was the target of bounty hunters, investigators, and officers from Australia’s Federal Police.

9.30am: Ellie in distress is greeted by detectives who stay with her for the rest of their day, while Cleo is being hunted by other search teams.

11:15am: Major Crime Division Homicide Detectives are called and start travelling from Perth to assist in the search.

1pm: Perth is home to more homicide detectives, search experts, and other investigators.

3pm: Carnarvon officers, search experts arrive to lend their expertise.

Sunday, October 17

Ms Smith turns to social media for help in finding her missing child.

A Facebook post dated Sunday, January 45th, stated that it had been more than 24 hours and I have not seen the sparkle in my little girl’s eyes since then.

“Please help me to find her!”

“If you see or hear anything, please call the police!”

Police suspect that Cleo was abducted.

Monday, October 18

Police release an image of the missing red and grey sleeping bag from Cleo’s tent.

Cleo’s biological dad is interviewed by police at Mandurah. He is asked to give a statement which he freely gives.

With the assistance of SES members and volunteers, the WA Police continue their hunt for Cleo. Officers are still searching for Cleo’s shacks and vehicles.

Tuesday, October 19

Cleo’s mother Ellie Smith, and Jake Gliddon, her partner, appear before the media and describe the moment they realized the little girl was missing.

Ms Smith claims that her four-year old would not have left the tent on her own.

Police release new photos of Cleo, and the pink-and-blue one-piece she wore the night she disappeared to assist with the investigation.

Investigators are urging anyone who was in the area or at the campsite on October 15th to contact police. 

Wednesday, October 20

Police have revealed that the zip of the tent was too high for Cleo, who was discovered by her mother hanging open at 6am Saturday morning.

Officers claim they haven’t ruled it out that campers heard screeching tyres in early Saturday morning.

Daryl Gaunt (Deputy Police Commissioner) confirmed that officers are looking into the whereabouts and activities of 20 registered sex offenders within the Carnarvon vicinity.

Thursday, October 21

Cleo’s location will be revealed by WA Premier Mark McGowan.

McGowan said that all Western Australians were thinking of Cleo and her family during this time of unimaginable difficulty.

“We all pray for a positive outcome.”

The speed with which the reward was issued – within days of her disappearance — was unheard of.

Pictured: Police are seen examining rubbish left near the Blowholes campsite in remote WA

Pictured: Police inspect rubbish left near the Blowholes campsite, remote WA 

Monday, October 25,

WA Police confirm that Cleo was at the camp site. This is based on CCTV footage taken from a camera placed inside a beach shack 20 metres from the tent where she disappeared. 

Tuesday, October 26

Detectives and forensic officers spent Tuesday at her Carnarvon house, 900km north-east of Perth. On Tuesday, they left with two bags full of evidence.

Although investigators have been to the house before, this was their first thorough inspection inside with a team of forensics experts.

Col Blanch, Acting WA Police Commissioner, stated that the search of the family home was a’standard practice’ which did not indicate that they were suspects in Cleo’s disappearance.

Wednesday, October 27

WA Police forensics Officers return to Blowholes Campground and collect soil samples from a variety of campfires nearby shacks.

The Australian Federal Police officers were drafted by the federal government to assist in intelligence and forensic investigations.

Friday, October 29, 2009

Police return to Blowholes camp to examine the area with drones.

Detective Superintendent Rod Wilde returns from Blowholes campsite to assist in the search for Cleo, as the search has reached the two-week mark.

He confirmed that both national and international agencies are involved in the search for Cleo.

Sunday, 31 October

Cleo’s hometown is 5km away when detectives knock on doors of a number homes along the North West Coastal Highway.

Monday, November 1,

Detectives dig through piles of rubbish found hundreds of kilometres from the campsite where she disappeared.

The material was then transported to Perth where forensic officers, recruits and other personnel sorted through hundreds upon hundreds of bags looking for items that might have helped them find Cleo.

Officers ask for CCTV footage and dash cam footage from within 1000km of the location where the four-year old disappeared.

Police renew their appeal to Carnarvon businesses to provide footage and to go door-to-door in an industrial area near the town.

Her elated mother, Ellie, (pictured, with Cleo, her partner and younger daughter) broke her silence the morning Cleo was found, sharing a series of love heart emojis on Instagram

Ellie, her mother, is pictured with Cleo, her younger daughter and partner. Ellie broke her silence when Cleo was discovered, and shared a series love heart emojis via Instagram 

Wednesday, November 3

Cleo Smith was found alive in the early hours on November 3 after two-and a half weeks of diligent searching.

Col Blanch, WA Police Deputy Commissioner, confirmed that Cleo was alive and well just before 7am AEST and had been reunited to her parents.

“One of the officers took her into his arms and asked her her name. He said. ‘She said: “My name’s Cleo.”

Ellie Smith posted the following to social media: “Our Family is Whole Again”

Detectives take a Carnarvon man into custody and question him.

On October 19, Ellie Smith (pictured) and her partner Jake Gliddon fronted the media for the first time and begged the public to report any information 'big or small'

Ellie Smith (pictured) with her partner Jake Gliddon appeared before the media on October 19. They asked the public to report any information, ‘big and small’, they received.

Thursday, November 4,

Terry Darrell Kelly, 36 was charged with multiple offenses, including forcibly taking a minor child under 16. Kelly appeared in Carnarvon Magistrate’s Court naked and wearing a black T shirt.