The moment that police captured the arrest of a man for stabbing his younger brother because he shouted at the pet dog, is shown on video.

Samuel Campbell, 24 years of age, died in his mother’s backyard from one knife attack to his chest.

The ambulance and police arrived at the Silksworth house, Sunderland. Samuel was found in a pool blood. 

Campbell of Stokesley in North Yorkshire was accused of murder, but was found guilty today after a weeklong trial at Newcastle Crown Court. 

He was taken into custody, and will be sentenced by January 5.

A bodycam video taken by the police showing Campbell calmly admitting that he attacked his brother out of anger to an officer during the trial was shown to a jury.

The officer is then questioned about the “protocol” of his arrest.

An officer asks him: “I stabbed you out of anger.”

The policeman replies: ‘You’re under arrest.’

Campbell questions: “What does this entail?” What does the protocol mean?

“What should I do?”

Police bodycam footage, which was played to a jury during the trial, shows William Campbell calmly admitting to an officer he stabbed his brother 'out of rage'

A police bodycam film shows William Campbell calmly confessing to an officer that he had stabbed his brother “out of rage”.

In the video, Campbell quizzes the police officer on the 'protocol' of his arrest, and says: 'What does that entail? I understand the protocol but what does that entail? 'What do I have to do?'

Campbell asks the police officer what the protocol is for his arrest. Although I know the protocol, what does it entail? What do I need to do?

William Campbell, 26, has been found guilty of murdering his younger brother Samuel after he stabbed him in their mother's back garden in June

William Campbell (26), was found guilty in the murder of Samuel, his younger brother. He stabbed Samuel in the back yard of their mother in June. 

Samuel Campbell, 24,(pictured)  died from a single knife wound to his chest during a scuffle in Silksworth, Sunderland, with his sibling William in June

Samuel Campbell, 24,(pictured)  died from a single knife wound to his chest during a scuffle in Silksworth, Sunderland, with his sibling William in June

Paramedics are heard trying desperately to save their brother in the video footage. He was then declared dead on the spot. 

After Samuel had “raised his voice towards the dog”, Campbell was attacked by his brother, according to jurors.

Instead of apologizing to Samuel for his shouting, he inserted a knife in his chest.

Northumbria Police detective chief inspector Jane Fairlamb stated: “This is a very sad and heartbreaking case. It has been a devastating experience for a family.

After an argument with his brother’s father, William decided to grab a knife and ruin more than just one life.

“There are never acceptable reasons to carry a knife and use it as a weapon. This case is not for losers. Our thoughts remain with Samuel’s family at this most poignant of times.

“I hope everyone remembers the possible dangers that come with having a knife in their possession, and what severe consequences can result.”

Jurors heard Campbell attacked his brother after they argued because Samuel had 'raised his voice to the dog'. He claimed he wanted Samuel to 'apologise' to the dog for shouting at it but instead plunged a knife into his chest. Pictured: Forensics  and police at the scene

The jury heard Campbell attack his brother Samuel after they disagreed over Samuel raising his voice to the dogs. Campbell claimed that he was trying to get Samuel to apologize to him for his shouting, but instead he stabbed a knife in his chest. Pictured: Forensics  and police at the scene 

Jurors heard that the brothers were like “chalk and cheese” and had spent the night in their mothers’ garden. Samuel was drinking Bourbon there and Marley listening to the music around the firepit. 

Campbell had just returned from an evening out with a friend when she ‘disapproved of Samuel’s lack of a regular job and her reliance upon their mother to care for the dog.

Mother Carolyn Campbell stated that she was disturbed by the voices coming from her home in Silksworth.

According to court records, Campbell now 26 stabbed his brother in the back with a knife he had taken from the kitchen.

After Campbell was found guilty, Judge Paul Sloan QC warned him: ‘There is only one sentence in respect of the offence of murder and that is a sentence of life imprisonment.

“But, I have to determine the minimum time you need to serve before your parole board could consider you for release. I’ve considered all submissions before I can make that determination.

Campbell told a police officer at the scene 'I stabbed him out of rage' and later claimed 'I deserve to die'

Campbell later told the police that he had stabbed him in rage and claimed that he deserved to die.

Toby Hedworth QC, Prosecutionary for Mrs Campbell told court she was disturbed by the voices of her boys and that she woke up to say so.

“There was some fighting, which the mother ended up breaking up. Samuel, as per his mother, said something and returned outside with the dog.

“The defendant said that he just had told his brother to stop talking to the dog the way he was.

His mother then noticed the defendant getting frustrated. She said that she was not going to have this. He replied, “I’m going to get a knife.”

“He entered the kitchen. He didn’t go in the kitchen with Mrs Campbell, but he did venture out to the backyard and she recalls trying unsuccessfully to reach the boys.

She said that there was a “scuffle.” Samuel took off his hoodie and noticed blood on his chest.

“At one point their mother remembers Samuel pushing his brother and saying, “You’ve stabbed him” then Samuel fell to the ground.

Campbell claimed that his brother was dead and that he had suffered from a flesh wound.

Campbell said, “It is his fault this mam.”

Campbell, of Allen Court, Stokesley, North Yorkshire, denied murder but was found guilty after a week-long trial at Newcastle Crown Court (pictured)

Campbell of Allen Court in Stokesley, North Yorkshire denied the murder, but was found guilty following a seven-day trial at Newcastle Crown Court. (pictured

Campbell later told the police that he had stabbed him in rage and claimed that he deserved to die.

The defendant told jurors that he had been ‘absolutely devastated by’ what happened during the trial.

He claimed that he said it because he was speaking loudly to their mother.

But he added: ‘At one stage I go “I’m not having this”. This was the only way he spoke to the dog.

“I only intended to apologize for my actions to Sam. I asked him to do the same to me and to the dog.

Campbell claimed that when Campbell got out, apologies were exchanged. However, trouble flared once more and Samuel was allegedly to blame for the fatal injury. Jurors were informed.

Samuel, his brother and mother still resided at the home of their parents. Samuel had just moved to North Yorkshire with him for work. Samuel came for a visit for a couple days.