If you are under lockdown and things are stressful, you certainly wouldn’t be alone and withdrawing into oneself can easily be the result of spending all your time at home, especially if you live alone. It is oh so easy to fall into a dull routine when you’re at home all day and there are things that you can do to change the ambience, which will help to relieve stress.
- Essential Oils – There are many essential oils, each with its own specific properties and with online suppliers, you can order a small trial pack with a few of the popular oils. Drop a tiny amount in a hot tub, which is very relaxing and scented candles are another great prop to generate a soothing atmosphere. If you want to use essential oils on your skin, the oil needs to be mixed with coconut oil or something to dilute the strength, so do be careful with essential oils. They are great for the bath or simply sniffing the pleasant aroma from the vial.
- Low Lighting – It is important to dim the lights when you want to relax and set aside 30 minutes in the evening to sit and listen to soothing music and just be with yourself and try to focus on nothing. If you would like to talk to a psychologist for any reason, Peaceful Mind Psychology are always ready to lend a professional ear and they offer virtual therapy and are very experienced in all areas. Many people turn to drink and drugs when stressed out and talking to a qualified psychologist is a much better idea.
- Soft Instrumental Music – A quick search on YouTube will reveal some quiet, soothing instrumental music that you can play at the end of the day and if you have a Bluetooth speaker, you can listen in any part of the house. Here is a great article that highlights relationship issues, along with ways to strengthen the relationship.
- Allow Some Private Time – At the end of the day, we all need some time to ourselves, when we can do what we really enjoy doing and the evening is the ideal time to do this, after everything has been done. You can view this as your daily reward and whether you like to watch TV or read a good book, do indulge yourself at the end of every day.
- Pilates or Yoga Classes – In order to be able to relax properly, you do need a good workout and both Pilates and yoga classes are available in a virtual format, when you interact with the instructor and other students using Zoom. This will also give you that much-needed social contact, as you get to know the other students in the virtual class. Click here for government information on physical and mental well-being, which is useful to know.
Meditation is very beneficial to those who are easily worried and while there are many ways to practice meditation, experiment until you find the way that works for you. Another important aspect is social interaction and during the lockdown, you can Zoom call your friends, keeping abreast of what is happening in their lives.
The home of 2070 will be amazing and over the next decade, you can expect to see more and more smart solutions, as we move to the next stage of our evolution.
keeping abreast of what is happening in their lives. Also, keep in my to keep a roof over your head make sure you have a good Ocala roofing contractor to inspect your roof yearly.