Pollen allergies can be so annoying. The itchy eyes, the stuffy nose, the sneezing. It can really put a damper on your summer fun.
Fortunately, there are ways to manage pollen allergies so you can minimize symptoms and have a great summer. Here are a few you will want to try.
Reduce Exposure to Triggers
One way to reduce symptoms is to avoid situations that will trigger allergies including the following:
· When it’s dry and windy out, do your best to stay indoors.
· Avoid gardening and lawn care.
· Once inside, remove clothing that you’ve worn outside. Wash them and rinse your hair to get rid of pollen residue.
· Don’t hang laundry outside to dry.
· Wear a pollen mask when doing chores.
Be Proactive When Pollen Counts Are High
Check your local weather reports to find out if pollen counts are high. If so, you may want to take extra steps to reduce symptoms including:
· Taking allergy medications before symptoms start.
· Keep doors and windows closed.
· Avoid outdoor activity, especially in the morning when pollen counts are at their peak.
Keep Indoor Air Clean
Take steps to keep indoor air clean by doing the following:
· Run the air conditioner in the house and car.
· Use air filters and perform regular maintenance on your air conditioning and heating systems.
· Use a dehumidifier.
· Use a portable high efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filter in your bedroom.
· Use a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter.
Rinse Your Sinuses
Rinsing your sinuses is a good way to flush mucus and allergens from the nose. You can do this with a squeeze bottle or neti pot filled with distilled sterile water. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Stand over the sink with your head tilted to one side.
2. Use the neti pot or squeeze bottle to pour the solution into the upper nostril.
3. Allow solution to pour out of the opposite nostril to drain. Do not breathe out of your nose during this time, breath out of your mouth instead.
4. Try not to let water get down your throat. You may have to adjust your head to find the right angle to ensure this doesn’t happen.
5. Repeat on the opposite side.
6. Blow your nose with a tissue when done.
For an easier way to clear your sinuses, there are also supplements and medications available. You will want to choose one you can count on to work that contains all natural ingredients. Terry Naturally’s Extra Strength Sinus Care with Eucalyptus is recommended.
The Terry Naturally brand is known for providing innovative natural health products. Their Sinus Care supplement is a soft gel formula that soothes nasal passages to provide support to the lungs, sinuses and bronchial passages. It is made of non-GMO ingredients and it won’t cause jitters or drowsiness.
Dealing with allergies is no fun. Don’t let them ruin your summer. The tips in this article will help minimize symptoms so you can enjoy the warm weather. What do you do to keep your allergies under control?