Jussie, an actor in trouble, still faces $130,000 of City of Chicago lawsuit – plus more legal troubles from his brothers who hired him to attack him. This is after he was convicted of staging an assault on himself during a career mistake. 

In January 2019, the Empire former star was headline-grabbing after he said he had been victim to a homophobic, racist attack. However, investigators quickly discovered that his claim was false.

Chicago Police Department arrived at the conclusion that the fake story was fabricated after over two dozen police officers had spent several weeks probing it. The overtime time lasted 1,836 hours, as per a legal filing filed in July 2019.

After being faced with an overtime bill of $130,106.15, the city has confirmed it will continue with its lawsuit against Smollett in order to recover the money. In the aftermath of Smollett’s arrest, their chances of winning or settling are almost guaranteed. 

Smollett was also sued by his legal team, which was filed by Smollett’s Nigeran brothers who attempted to attack him. 

Jussie, the disgraced actor Jussie Slolett is still facing a $130,000 suit from City of Chicago. The disgraced actor Jussie Smollett arrives at Leighton Criminal Court on December 9, to hear his verdict.

The city said in its lawsuit that it was left with a $130,106.15 overtime tab after dozens of cops spent weeks investigating Smollett's bogus claims

After dozens spent weeks investigating Smollett’s false claims, the city claimed it had been left with $130106.15 in overtime.

After the conviction of the 39-year old actor on five counts for disorderly conduct last week, the city stated that they will be continuing with the lawsuit.

“The City brought a civil suit against Jussie Smollett in order to recover the costs incurred to the Chicago Police Department to investigate what it believed was Smollett’s false police reports that Smollett had been a victim to a hate crime,” the statement stated. 

“While the jury used a different standard, Jussie Smollett was found guilty by the jury. This confirms that the City had the right to bring its civil suit.” 

Nigerian brothers paying Abimbola ‘Abel’ Osundairo and Olabinjo ‘Ola’ Osundairo admitted that Smollett paid them to stage the attack, which they claim he orchestrated.

Following the dismissal of initial charges against Smollett, they sued Smollett’s lawyers in April 2019 claiming that their careers had been damaged and that the lawsuit had damaged their reputations. 

In a defamation suit against Mark Geragos, Tina Glandian claimed that they had been maliciously called liars by the public. 

Nigerian brothers paying Abimbola 'Abel' Osundairo (left) and Olabinjo 'Ola' Osundairo (right) admitted that Smollett paid them to stage the attack, which they claim he orchestrated

Nigerian brothers who paid Abimbola Osundairo (“Abel”) and Olabinjo Osundairo (“Ola”) admitted to paying Smollett for the staged attack.

However, they later sued Smollett's attorneys in April 2019, after the initial set of charges were dropped, claiming the case damaged their careers and reputations

After dropping the first set of charges against Smollett, however, the attorneys sued them in April 2019 alleging that their careers had been damaged and that they were not respected.

The lawyers suggested that Smollett might have known the brothers because he had trained them personally. 

The brothers’ lawsuit said Glandian also inferred that  Abel engaged in a sexual relationship with Smollett, and noted that homosexuality is illegal in the brothers’ home country.

According to the suit, ‘Same-sex is illegal in Nigeria and can lead to 14 years imprisonment. If the accuser is married, death by stoning is the penalty.

‘Ms. Glandian’s globally broadcasted statements that Bola Osundairo is homosexual endangers him and the lives of his Nigerian family.’

Federal Judge stayed the suit until criminal proceedings for Smollett were concluded. Smollett has not been sentenced.

Smollett’s purported attack on the brothers led to their arrest, but they were never charged. 

Pictured: Ola Osundairo speaks to the media at the Leighton Criminal Courts Building after former Smollett was found guilty of five of the six counts against him December 9  in Chicago, Illinois.

Pictured: Ola Osundairo speaks to the media at the Leighton Criminal Courts Building after former Smollett was found guilty of five of the six counts against him December 9  in Chicago, Illinois.

The brothers’ legal team is expected to file an update to the court by February 2; their lawyers said in August that ‘with regard to settlement, nothing has changed in the Plaintiffs’ position.’   

Smollett was shamed that he refused to acknowledge yesterday’s hoax race attack.

Judge James Linn, Chicago’s courtroom judge read five out of six charges of disorderly behavior to him and he remained composed.

After refusing to answer any questions and running out of court, he left with his family. He has yet to comment publicly. Although his sentencing date is not set, he could spend up to 20 years prison.