“Peacemaker” was killed during a brawl outside Manchester Bar’. Passer by, 60, who “tried to breakup fight”, was attacked and shot dead. The man 21 years old, however, remains in custody.

  • Following the death of a 60-year-old man in Manchester, centre, a 21 year-old was taken into custody 
  • Greater Manchester Police respond to serious incident at Printworks 
  • According to Police, this is the 60th death of a man in relation to the disturbance. 
  • Witnesses said that the man died trying to be a peacemaker.

The man who was attacked in Manchester City Centre may have tried to be a peacemaker when he died. 

Greater Manchester Police received a call about a disturbance in Dantzic Street at approximately 8pm Saturday.

A number of people were involved in the incident and one 60-year old man was injured and later died on the spot.

Un suspect was arrested and placed in custody.

A man died after a 'large scale disturbance' near a leisure park in Manchester city on Saturday

On Saturday, a man was killed in a large scale disturbance near Manchester’s leisure park.

Greater Manchester police were called to a 'serious disturbance' in Dantzic Street, near the popular Printworks leisure venue in Manchester, at around 8pm yesterday

Greater Manchester police responded to an “serious disturbance” in Dantzic Street near Manchester’s Printworks leisure facility at 8:20 pm yesterday

Unnamed city worker said the victim tried to act like a peacemaker and calm down the fighting.

He said, “There were some lads fighting. The man tried to calm it all down.”

“But one lad punched him, and he fell to the floor unconscious.  

The large police presence remains at the scene, with officers on-scene pursuing additional information.

Superintendent Dave Kehoe of GMP’s Serious Crime Division said that this was a sad incident in which a 60 year-old lost his life. We are thinking about his friends and family, who are clearly devastated.

“A cordon has been established and officers are on the scene, while we try to piece together what really happened and who was involved.” 

“The scene was busy and many people might have witnessed what occurred.” We could use even the most basic information to help us in our investigations. 

Greater Manchester Police spokesperson said that a man had tragically died after a disturbance occurred in Manchester City Centre this evening.

A large police cordon was placed around the scene and officers were present and pursuing lines of enquiry and further information

The scene was surrounded by a large police perimeter. Officers present were on the ground and engaged in further investigation and information gathering.

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Police said: 'A man has sadly died following a disturbance in Manchester city centre'

Greater Manchester Police spokeswoman said, “A man tragically died in the wake of a disturbance at Manchester city center.”

A 21-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder at the scene and taken to custody where he remains. Pictured: Police at the scene

Police arrested a 21-year-old suspect on suspicion of murder and took him into custody, where he is currently. Photo: Officers at the scene

“Just after 8 p.m., officers responded to a call about a disturbance that involved a large number of people near Printworks on Dantzic Street.

“A disturbance occurred outside, and one 60-year old man sustained injuries and unfortunately died on the spot.

“Officers” are on the scene, establishing the chronology of events and following-up on a variety of inquiries.

“A male suspect was taken into custody on suspicion that he had committed murder and was later arrested at the scene.”

Online information can be submitted at www.gmp.police.uk, quoting log 2792 from 20/11/2021. You can also contact Crimestoppers anonymously at 0800 555 112.