CCTV footage shows hit-and run killer. A shocking 20-year-old man drives off his vehicle and races across a bridge, then crashes into grandfather at 61 near the bus stop. The driver has been held for just four years.

  • The moment the driver’s car crossed a bridge and drove into a grandfather was captured on CCTV
  • Raihan Ahmed (21), hit 53 mph with a stolen car before killing Ghulam Niabi (61).
  • CCTV camera captured incident at Digbeth in Birmingham on 29 August
  • Ahmed pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving and was jailed for three years and eight months 

The moment an hit-and-run driver took off in his car as he crossed a bridge, before hitting and killing a grandfather on the way to work.

Raihan Ahmed (20) reached speeds of 53 mph in a zone 20 mph using a stolen Ford Focus, before killing Ghulam Naabi (61), in Digbeth.

This horrifying CCTV captures the last seconds of Mr Nabi’s existence as Ahmed’s outof control car climbs a curb and proceeds towards him.

Moments earlier, video showed footage of the car taking off as it raced along Great Barr Street at twice the speed limit.

A stolen Ford Focus is seen with all four tyres above the ground as it took off while going over a bridge at speed in Digbeth, Birmingham

As a stolen Ford Focus, it is seen above ground with all four tires as it takes off to cross a Bridge in Digbeth.

The out-of-control vehicle is then seen colliding with a bus stop

It then ploughed into Ghulam Nabi, 61, who died at the scene

The out-of-control vehicle is then seen colliding with a bus stop before ploughing into Ghulam Nabi, 61, who died at the scene

It landed on the bus stop and he lost control. Mr Nabi was then struck by the car.

Ahmed didn’t stop and left the scene. He was caught abandoning his badly damaged car on Adderley Street about a half mile away.

In an effort to find the driver, detectives conducted a manhunt and issued CCTV images of Nabi to help them.

Nabi of Hamstead in Birmingham was taken into custody just 12 hours after Nabi and charged with dangerous driving causing death.

He pleaded guilty to the charges and was sentenced to three years, eight months in prison and prohibited from driving for four and ten years at Birmingham Crown Court.

West Midlands Police Detective Inspector Paul Hughes stated after the case that Mr. Nabi was an innocent party and should have been allowed to walk on the sidewalk.

Ahmed failed to stop at the scene and was caught on camera abandoning the badly damaged vehicle with a smashed windscreen on Adderley Street half a mile away (pictured)

Ahmed didn’t stop and abandoned the car with its damaged windscreen half a mile from Adderley Street (pictured).

Nabi (pictured), of Hamstead, Birmingham, pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving and was jailed for three years and eight months and banned from driving for four years and ten months

Ghulam Nabi

Nabi (left), a Hamstead resident from Birmingham, pleaded guilty in March to dangerous driving causing the death of a person. She was also banned from driving for four-years and ten months. Pictured right: Ghulam Nabi, who was killed

“It’s always difficult to decide whether or not to release footage in such sad cases. However, this is the worst driving that I have ever seen.”

“Ahmed drove at such an excessive speed on a highway and within a very limited speed limit that all four wheels left the roadway surface.

‘By sharing this footage, with the support from Mr Nabi’s families, I hope it will make people reconsider their driving habits and remind them of the responsibility that comes along with driving a motor car.

“A split second can make the difference between death and life.”